Rachel Rhys and Sarah Franklin
|At||Friends Meeting House|
Friends Meeting House
Waterstones presents the Lancaster Historical Writing Festival, celebrating the outstanding range of new historical fiction and non-fiction books with a three-day programme of events across the city centre. The Second World War may have been fought primarily on the battlefields of Europe but its impact was global, with ordinary citizens of all backgrounds and nationalities among those most affected. Join Rachel Rhys (Dangerous Crossing) and Sarah Franklin (Shelter) as they discuss the tale of a woman aboard a cruise liner when the war begins, the Women's Timber Corps, and World War Two literature while posing the question: amidst the chaos of war, what would you fight to protect? Rachel and Sarah will be in conversation with Dr Sara Wasson of Lancaster University. Rachel and Sarah will talk about their books before taking audience questions and signing copies of their novels.
The event will last approximately one hour, not including the time taken for the book signing. Tickets cost £5/£3 for concessions and will be available to buy in store and online from 9am on Friday, August 11th. If you have any questions, please email [email protected]
- Training session: week 18
- PULSE Events presents: DUSK...
- LGBT History Month Event
- Disney Gig Week 16 JATO
- 8 Shields Nature Connection...
- One Million Kilogram Lift
- Film Night at LBC
- February Player of the Month
- Lancaster & Morecamber Food...
- Beginners Ballroom Dancing...
- Saturday Coffee Concerts:...
- End of Exec Party: Biggest...
- Resolute: Worship Training Day
- LU Societies Social - Hosted...
- Clothes Swap: ISSUE x Green...
- Allendale Brewery TAP Takeover
- The Art of Tree Essences
- Pottery On The Land
- Pottery Wool and Wood Weekend
- Milton Jones is Out There
County of Lancashire