RA Architecture: KWK Promes lecture
|Address||Burlington House, Piccadilly|
|At||Geological Society of London|
Burlington House, Piccadilly
Geological Society of London
Polish architect Robert Konieczny talks about his innovative approach to residential architecture through some of his most recent projects. Named by the Chicago Athenaeum as one of the most promising architects under the age of 40, and by Wallpaper magazine in a list of the 101 most exciting new architects in the world, Robert Konieczny leads one of Poland’s most recognisable and talented practices. Since its founding in 1999, his Katowice-based studio KWK Promes has specialised in residential architecture. Konieczny’s mission is to build objects that shape landscapes and the practice’s private homes feature distinct boundaries between interior and exterior spaces. Despite being best known for one-off houses, KWK Promes’s portfolio also includes a wide range of public facilities, such as the National Museum in Szczecin, which won the World Building of the Year title at the World Architecture Festival in 2016.
The underground museum features a large public space on its roof and was designed so it doesn’t block views of Barozzi Veiga’s Philharmonic Hall on the adjacent site. Supported by the Polish Cultural Institute.
- DEEP MEDi 100
- London Pisco Sour Week 2018
- Movie Nights at the Museum -...
- Rangeela 2018
- An Arabian Feast: 1,001...
- Lovelace's Birthday Party
- Vegan Nights IV
- Black Panther After Party
- Sonic Bm #4 - Black Midi,...
- Concert Guess Who - Londra
- Henry VI: A King allegedly...
- Cuban Salsa Valentines Party...
- Dr Blacks Presents 1st...
- The Farrago New Year SLAM!
- Monika Lidke Music
- Disco Freaks Winter Special
- Whiskey Moon Face & Dakota Jim
- Aravind SA's UK Tour (London)...
- Julius Caesar Rehearsed...
- Funkiwala All-Stars | Website...
County of London