Open Weekend at The Forge 29th September - 1st October
|Address||Craft Central 33-35 St John's Square|
Craft Central 33-35 St John's Square
On the 29th September and the weekend of 30th September and 1st October The Forge will be open to the public. You can see inside this historic building and explore how it has been imaginatively converted to be Craft Central’s new home. Visitors will be able to admire the building with its huge overhead cranes, triple-height exhibition space and new studios and workshops; take part in family-friendly craft workshops led by London Craft Club; enjoy a taster exhibition of work by a selection of their designer-makers; and learn about The Forge’s industrial past from the Friends of the Island History Trust. The taster exhibition will include digitally crafted luxury textiles by Danny Lee, hand-embroidered portraits by Emily Jo Gibbs, striking marquetry by Christine Meyer-Eaglestone, Clare Gaudion’s geometric, hand-crafted rugs and an installation of 27 original sign-written works, Alphabet Peep Show, courtesy of lettering agency Better Letters.
Please make sure you join us at this seminal moment in Craft Central history Opening hours: Friday 29 September from 2pm to 5pm Saturday 30 September and Sunday 1 October 12pm to 6pm Family workshops taking place on Saturday and Sunday only
- Teach Out in solidarity with...
- Nepali Music Festival UK 2018
- Yasmine Hamdan
- Unskinny Bop's Femmetopia
- Hackney Black Women Writers
- Photography as Protest in...
- Curfew" Contemporary dance by...
- Girls Trip screening + After...
- Welcome to The Milk Disco All...
- Resolution 2018: Out of Order...
- Rain Spring Jam 2018 | London...
- Launching event of CRAVE
- SENSE - Presented by UCL...
- Kidkanevil & Stompy's...
- Bad Vibrations Presents: Omni
- Fatherland - Frantic Assembly...
- Makietie 2018 - Saturday Event
- The Droves
- Vakaras su astrologe Lana...
County of London