Light Up Lancaster 2017 - Sat eve light-art trail and fireworks
|At||Light Up Lancaster|
Light Up Lancaster
SATURDAY EVENING A MAGICAL LIGHT-ART TRAIL IN THE HEART OF THE CITY CENTRE THEN A SPECTACULAR FIREWORKS DISPLAY Light Up Lancaster is a magical two day festival of light, art and fireworks for all the family. This year’s event will span the two evenings, so you’ll be able to see and do everything on offer, with extended hours on the Friday night and the artworks and installations also taking place on the Saturday evening in the lead-up to the fireworks finale. The whole event is accessible on foot and takes you on a journey through Lancaster’s lovely city as we use light to illuminate and celebrate our heritage, our open spaces and our communities. This year we will be taking The Natural World as our inspiration, with local artists working alongside international artists to create installations and performances about wildlife, the human body and the weather.
Then on Saturday evening at 8pm you can experience the stunning annual Fireworks Spectacular which is the finale to this exciting festival. Launched from the grounds of the castle, you can either view this wonderful display from one of our main viewing areas at Quay Meadow or Giant Axe (wristbands required), or watch it from across the city. For more information visit the website lightuplancaster.co.uk or follow us on Facebook/LightUpLancaster or Twitter @lightuplanc
- Autonomads / Bratakus / Dark...
- Lancaster Comedy Club
- Love Saturday Presents Meet &...
- Week 20: Pixar Film Night
- Grad Ball 2018
- Grad Social - End of term...
- Malcolm's Fundraising Dinner
- Down By The Riverside Festival
- Tumble Tots Lancaster & Kendal
- Summer School 2018 at Laura...
- Cross Bay Walk for St John's...
- Elemis Skin Lab Event at...
- Inkubus Sukkubus at Fibbers...
- Tequila Mockingbyrd with...
- Carpe Noctem
- Rexel Calibration Day 2018
- Stories at the Storey: Firsts
- 3 Day Juice & Fitness Rtereat
- Last Friday of MAY at Ye Gaunt
- Lancaster Castle
County of Lancashire