Jiji and Kinako on Washi - Photography exhibition
|Address||70-72 Old Street|
|At||Sway Gallery London|
70-72 Old Street
Sway Gallery London
Photography exhibition by Akiko DuPont 12 Thu - 25 Wed April 2018 Opening Hours: Mon - Fri: 11am - 7pm Sat (21 April only): 12pm - 6pm Opening Reception 12 April: 6 - 8pm The world of Jiji and Kinako through photographs printed on Japanese traditional paper, washi. One day, at 94, Jiji’s life was turned “down-side-up” by Kinako the Cat. Until Jiji was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease, he was a very outgoing man, but he gradually lost interest in life and became grumpier than ever. Kinako the Cat turned that around. This exhibition shows how the border between animals and humans melts. Although Alzheimer’s is a disease that brings sadness and loneliness because of its hollowness, in that hollowness there are points of light that are moments of pure joy, no matter how ephemeral they may be.
Akiko hopes that through this exhibition, the viewers will be filled with Jiji and Kinako’s love, joy, and warmth. about Akiko DuPont Documentary photographer based in Tokyo and London. She is interested in how people experience the world and focuses on allowing the subjects’ messages to shine through the photographs she takes. Her works have appeared in The Washington Post, The Huffington Post Japan, metro.co.uk, goo.gl/LNWDGn and so on. Part of the sales will be donated by Akiko to the Alzheimer’s Society. https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/ Akiko DuPont www.akiko-dupont.com
- 18th Century Oboe Trios
- Feminist Fightback Filmclub...
- Yellow Lenses Live at the...
- Live Boxing - Anthony Joshua...
- Feeling Faces at the Cafe...
- Artwork Residency Closing...
- Easter Feast
- Opening of Norbert Bisky-...
- Free Hypnobirthing Taster...
- Easter At KingsWord London...
- Standard Jordan, Alexander...
- Broad Stripes and Bright Stars
- New River Good Friday Service
- SISSY SCUM: Friday The 13th
- Live Jazz Night // The Lion &...
- Kay Elizabeth and the Funky...
- 1st Night Seder At Bevis Marks
- Isle Of Dogs +...
- Dogwoof Film Series: Bombshell
- Holy Week: Good Friday
County of London