Frankenstein: The Reincarnations
|Address||76 Dean Street|
|At||Soho House 76 Dean Street|
76 Dean Street
Soho House 76 Dean Street
Join us for a themed evening to celebrate 200 years of Frankenstein in popular culture. Written by Mary Shelley, the novel first published in 1818 when the author was just 20 years old and has since become a cult classic, inspiring countless adaptations for both stage and screen. Biographer Fiona Sampson will be in conversation with novelist Nick Harkaway to discuss Mary Shelley and her ground-breaking book, regarded by many as the first work of science fiction. This will be followed by a film screening of Kenneth Branagh’s 1994 film featuring Robert De Niro, Tom Hulce, Helena Bonham Carter and John Cleese. Fiona Sampson is a prize-winning poet, and author of In Search of Mary Shelley: The Girl Who Wrote Frankenstein (Profile, February 2018). She has been published in more than thirty languages and received an MBE for services to literature.
Sampson is a Fellow of the Royal Society for Literature, and the recipient of a number of national and international honours for her poetry, she has worked as an editor, translator, and university professor as well as a violinist. Nick Harkaway was born in Cornwall in 1972. Author of the novels The Gone-Away World, Angelmaker and Tigerman, he lives in London with his wife and two children. For event terms and conditions please visit www.londonbookandscreenweek.co.uk/home/terms-and-conditions/
- The Rampage Sound New Years...
- Gin Festival London Summer...
- 100 000 podpisów dla pomnika...
- Hola! London at The O2 arena
- Jet - O2 Forum Kentish Town
- EYOE Presents: Wooden Shjips...
- London Progressing Ballet...
- SLS presents Slabdragger...
- Formal Garden Tour & Gin...
- Talk: Marina Warner
- Britney's London Blowout at...
- The Posies live at The Garage...
- Chakra Yoga: The Energetics...
- The Second Violinist
- Richmond Park Summer 10k & 5k...
- Run London Hyde Park 5k or 10k
- Brockley Open Studios 2018
- Butterfly Effect festival
- The Artist's Way Meet-up Group
County of London