D. M. Mark and Andrew Martin
|Address||Meeting House Lane|
Meeting House Lane
Waterstones presents the Lancaster Historical Writing Festival, celebrating the outstanding range of new historical fiction and non-fiction books with a three-day programme of events across the city centre. Just how difficult was it to investigate a murder in the 18th and 19th centuries? Not only were there no fingerprinting or DNA tests, none of the forensics we now take for granted, but there may well have been a cholera outbreak devastating the city or the only suspects identifiable purely by their silhouettes. Join D. M. Mark (The Zealot's Bones) and Andrew Martin (Soot) as they cross the Pennines in order to discuss their fantastic new Yorkshire-set crime novels in which these premises are explored. They will be in conversation with Dr George Green of Lancaster University.
David and Andrew will talk about their books before taking audience questions and signing copies of their novels. The event will last approximately one hour, not including the time taken for the book signing. Tickets cost £5/£3 for concessions and will be available to buy in store and online from 9am on Friday, August 11th. If you have any questions, please email [email protected]
- LU ASEAN GAMES 2018
- Otter V's Sheffiled
- Return To Roots Yoga Retreat-...
- Wave Your Flag
- Final Cartmel Quiz of the...
- Annual General Meeting 2018 &...
- St Patrick's Day at Grad Bar!
- Luedms: End of Term Party...
- Stingrays Distance Badge Day
- Sport Relief Sh'Bam with...
- Death at Downturn Abbey...
- DJ & Production Society: Meet...
- Boomerang Live at The Sphere
- Fridays, Live Music at Sphere...
- Talk: Battle of Magdala, 1868
- Holy Week Triduum begins
- D&C at The Golden Lion
- Bar crawl this Wednesday*
- YKWK last Friday of the month...
- Easter Egg Hunt
County of Lancashire