|At||Friends Meeting House|
Friends Meeting House
Waterstones presents the Lancaster Historical Writing Festival, celebrating the outstanding range of new historical fiction and non-fiction books with a three-day programme of events across the city centre. Discover all about the history of Lancaster with author and archaeologist Billy Howorth. Complete with a stunning presentation of old postcard photographs, this talk offers a fascinating window into the history of the city, from its Roman origins to vast expansion during the Georgian era as well as its role in the Wars of the Roses and the Pendle Witch Trials. A must for any Lancastrian. Billy will give a presentation on his book before taking audience questions and signing copies of his books. The event will last approximately one hour, not including the time taken for the book signing.
Tickets cost £5/£3 for concessions and will be available to buy in store and online from 9am on Friday, August 11th. If you have any questions, please email [email protected]
- LU ASEAN GAMES 2018
- Otter V's Sheffiled
- Return To Roots Yoga Retreat-...
- Wave Your Flag
- Final Cartmel Quiz of the...
- Annual General Meeting 2018 &...
- St Patrick's Day at Grad Bar!
- Luedms: End of Term Party...
- Stingrays Distance Badge Day
- Sport Relief Sh'Bam with...
- Death at Downturn Abbey...
- DJ & Production Society: Meet...
- Boomerang Live at The Sphere
- Fridays, Live Music at Sphere...
- Talk: Battle of Magdala, 1868
- Holy Week Triduum begins
- D&C at The Golden Lion
- Bar crawl this Wednesday*
- YKWK last Friday of the month...
- Easter Egg Hunt
County of Lancashire