Beth Underdown and Anna Mazzola
|Address||Meeting House Lane|
Meeting House Lane
Waterstones presents the Lancaster Historical Writing Festival, celebrating the outstanding range of new historical fiction and non-fiction books with a three-day programme of events across the city centre. Throughout history women have been persecuted and vilified, tried for being witches and hung for notorious murders. Only in recent years have their stories started to come to light. Join Beth Underdown (The Witchfinder's Sister) and Anna Mazzola (The Unseeing) as they discuss their accomplished debut novels, based on the real-life exploits of infamous witchfinder Matthew Hopkins and his sister Alice and Edgware Road murder suspect Sarah Gale respectively. Beth and Anna will talk about their books before taking audience questions and signing copies of her novels. The event will last approximately one hour, not including the time taken for the book signing.
Tickets cost £5/£3 for concessions and will be available to buy in store and online from 9am on Friday, August 11th. If you have any questions, please email [email protected]
- Team TMP’s Skydive
- LU ASEAN GAMES 2018
- Otter V's Sheffiled
- Return To Roots Yoga Retreat-...
- Wave Your Flag
- Final Cartmel Quiz of the...
- Annual General Meeting 2018 &...
- St Patrick's Day at Grad Bar!
- Luedms: End of Term Party...
- Stingrays Distance Badge Day
- Sport Relief Sh'Bam with...
- Death at Downturn Abbey...
- DJ & Production Society: Meet...
- Boomerang Live at The Sphere
- Fridays, Live Music at Sphere...
- Talk: Battle of Magdala, 1868
- Holy Week Triduum begins
- D&C at The Golden Lion
- Bar crawl this Wednesday*
- YKWK last Friday of the month...
County of Lancashire