22/01/2019 : Exploring Transport African City Context
Exploring transport in an African city context
|County||North Yorkshire (GB103)|
North Yorkshire (GB103)
During this lunchtime seminar, Amanda Ngabirano an urban planner and lecturer from Makere University, Kampala, Uganda, will discuss her relentless efforts to encourage the need to plan for riding bicycles as a mode of transport in Uganda’s capital Kampala. Health in Urban Environments Event Series The York Environmental Sustainability Institute (YESI), Stockholm Environment Institute (SEI), Interdisciplinary Global Development Centre (IGDC), Wolfson Atmospheric Chemistry Laboratories (WACL) and several Research Champions are joining forces to host an event series to explore Urban Living-related research and innovation at the University of York. Through a series of workshops, lunchtime seminar, full day events and discussion sessions, we will gain insight into the historical development of the world’s cities and the social and environmental consequences of urbanisation.
By bringing together the social, physical and life sciences we will be able to explore this topic from many angles and celebrate the interdisciplinary nature of research at the University of York. The series, which will begin in January and conclude in June in alignment with Clean Air Day, will be open to researchers, staff and students at the University of York.
- Do you want to fit hair...
- York Wellbeing Meet-Up
- Better Buses for a Better...
- York Bus Forum (3rd Tuesday...
- CPD Straw Bale Building 2...
- How To Build Your Portfolio
- York Business Networking Lunch
- Getting Started with...
- Gentle flow with Essential...
- Carpe Diem Yoga for Improvers
- Dru Yoga for Women
- Dru Yoga for All
- Dru Yoga for All
- YSJ Website Digital Support
- YSJ Print Room Exposure Slots
- Bachata Latin Dance Classes
- Creative recycling and...
- 8-Week MBSR Course in York,...
- Adjudication Workshop - York...
- Advanced Adjudication...
County of North Yorkshire