Sara Dowling and Tommaso Starace: Nancy goes Cannonball
Checking this out on Google I was right away transfixed by this lovely singer, you will love her. And Tommaso. "...the old world sultry class of Julie London, and the gritty attitude of Amy Winehouse with a dash of Dinah Washington, Dowling’s voice has a timeless quality." Sally Evans Derby. Sara Dowling Jazz Singer Sara Dowling vocals, Tommaso Starace sax, Chris Ingham piano, Arnie Somogyi bass, George Double drums A salute to the Nancy Wilson/@Cannonball Adderly album of 1962 featuring prodigiously gifted vocalist Sara Dowling and effervescent Italian alto saxophonist Tommaso Starace Sara Dowling graduated from the Royal Northern College of Music as an accomplished cellist and composer, writing for film and TV. She later began singing displaying an impressive range (particularly resonant in the lower register), precise diction and a melodic ringing tone.
Tommaso Starace was born in Milano, moving to the UK in 1994 where he studied at Birmingham Conservatoire and later at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama. He has performed with some of the most respected jazz musicians including Billy Cobham, David Liebman, Kenny Wheeler, Stan Sulzmann, Jim Mullen etc. Tommaso has also written for film and television The superb back line of Chris Ingham, Arnie Somogyi and George Double complete this excellent quintet
- Colchester Castle Tour
- The Martells at The Brewers...
- Free Activity Morning - Sand...
- The land of the free? Rights...
- Sickfist's Album Release Party
- Royal British Legion Pub Quiz
- Georgie Leigh Live - The...
- Wednesday Open Mic Night
- Undiscovered Gig Night with...
- Musical Theatre & Street Jazz...
- Gory Make Up, 9+
- Summer Ball 2018
- Comedy Workshop for Adults
- Wildlife in Gouache with Amy...
- Drawing with Masking Fluid...
- Rec Run Halloween Fancy Dress
- Mulled Wine & Turkey Tasting
- French Night! Four courses...
- Ribs & Bourbon Tasting Evening
County of Essex