Open Weekend at The Forge 29th September - 1st October
|Address||Craft Central 33-35 St John's Square|
Craft Central 33-35 St John's Square
On the 29th September and the weekend of 30th September and 1st October The Forge will be open to the public. You can see inside this historic building and explore how it has been imaginatively converted to be Craft Central’s new home. Visitors will be able to admire the building with its huge overhead cranes, triple-height exhibition space and new studios and workshops; take part in family-friendly craft workshops led by London Craft Club; enjoy a taster exhibition of work by a selection of their designer-makers; and learn about The Forge’s industrial past from the Friends of the Island History Trust. The taster exhibition will include digitally crafted luxury textiles by Danny Lee, hand-embroidered portraits by Emily Jo Gibbs, striking marquetry by Christine Meyer-Eaglestone, Clare Gaudion’s geometric, hand-crafted rugs and an installation of 27 original sign-written works, Alphabet Peep Show, courtesy of lettering agency Better Letters.
- Good Life London: Oktoberfest
- The History of Pain
- Hyperloop One - Global Field...
- Village Underground & Phonica...
- A Night of D'Angelo
- Reggaeton Party Fundraiser
- LSE XOYO Takeover
- Tel Aviv Takes London
- So you want to be a Surgeon?
- Talk: Secrets of Emotional...
- Camden Rocks presents Black...
- SSSHAKE Creative Gathering #5
- Everest Idol UK 2017 | Grand...
- Slade Green Christmas Festival
- British wine tasting
- An Evening in Seville: Songs...
- DJ Mag Bunker #13 Hatcha &...
- Triple L: Nightmare on Poyser...
- Natty Congeroo & The Flames...
- Mexico Evening: Maguey &...
County of London