Matt Haig with How to Stop Time
|Address||7 Greyfriars Garden|
|At||Topping & Company Booksellers of St Andrews|
7 Greyfriars Garden
Topping & Company Booksellers of St Andrews
“Matt Haig has an empathy for the human condition, the light and the dark of it, and he uses the full palette to build his excellent stories.” Neil Gaiman A prolific name in both adult and children’s fiction, and a writer of profound sensitivity and honesty, Matt Haig is one of our most celebrated contemporary authors. His works include the poignant novel The Humans, and the bestselling memoir Reasons to Stay Alive. We are delighted to welcome Matt to St Andrews this summer to discuss his latest book, How to Stop Time. The novel features Tom Hazard, an ostensibly ordinary individual in his forties working as a teacher. However, in reality Tom is four centuries old, a rare condition causing him to age at a tenth the normal rate of other humans. Constantly altering his identity to remain inconspicuous, he has lived through the reign of Elizabeth I, the Jazz Age, and has travelled the globe as civilisation evolves around him.
- Lady Gaga vs Beyonce the BOP
- GYO Festival
- Scottish Cup Final 2017
- Green Drinks
- St Andrews Open Day
- Briglands House & St. Andrews...
- Dogs take over the world
- Clayton Caravan Park's...
- Of Forty Partes with St...
- World Outlander Day - Photo...
- Gallagher & Lyle In Concert
- The 2017 Grand Day Out Golf...
- St Andrews Model Railway Show
- Midge and India electric Co ,...
- Teachings At St. Andrews...
- Murray Open Golf day
- Dundee kiltwalk
- Kiltwalk Dundee
- CPE Bach Cello Concerto in A...
- Hotel California Live at The...
County of Fife