Margaux Valengin: In the Field of Semolina
|Address||94 Teesdale Street|
94 Teesdale Street
Union Gallery invites you to the opening of In the Field of Semolina, Margaux Valengin’s first exhibition with the gallery curated by Liam Scully PV: Friday September 15th, 6 - 9pm 16 September - 4 November, 2017 Scrolling my Instagram feed was where I first encountered Margaux’s work, quite a special piece. A tropical palm, unfolding atop an off-white canvas, the image reminded me of spending time in Queensland, Australia. Upon visiting the work at the RCA degree show, I was struck by the confidence, the simplicity and compositional excellence. The paint ratio to canvas, the placement of colour, the convergence of abstraction and figuration was just right. Margaux later explained the principles of composition, the circular unravelling of the palm, somewhat paid homage to the architecture of Frank Lloyd Wright.
- Good Life London: Oktoberfest
- A Night of D'Angelo
- SSSHAKE Creative Gathering #5
- Everest Idol UK 2017 | Grand...
- DJ Mag Bunker #13 Hatcha &...
- Shoreditch RnB and Hip Hop...
- Mundo Lingo London...
- Live at 93 Feet East
- Curtis Lee (AND BAND) - Live...
- Atul Khatri Live ~ London
- Collette Cooper's Saturday...
- Mick's in charge!
- Jonny Bs 5th Anniversary Party
- Beauty & The Beast - Live...
- Uber Moving Out Party | London
- Hybrid Theory 17th...
- Dim Sum Talks: Neuroscience...
- Grunwick 40 mural unveiling
- 1:54 Contemporary African Art...
- ZIMA. Осенняя...
County of London