Launch Of Somali Week Festival 2017: Home and Displacement.
|Address||96 Euston Road|
|At||The British Library|
96 Euston Road
The British Library
Home and Displacement are both equally important topics for the Somali community and this year’s festival opens up with a discussion about the themes by Bashir Goth and Dr. Idil Osman. Bashir Goth is a poet, journalist, translator, and the author of multiple political, religious and cultural articles who advocates for community development. Dr.Idil Osman, a senior teaching fellow at SOAS University of London who is an expert on diasporic media. Together they will explore the notion of home from the perspectives of the Somali people and the displacement experiences of the community as a whole. The evening will conclude with songs responding to the themes by Hodan Abdirahman, a well loved and cherished young Somali musician who is based in the United States and Maryan Mursal who is also a celebrated Somali musician.
- Good Life London: Oktoberfest
- A Night of D'Angelo
- SSSHAKE Creative Gathering #5
- Everest Idol UK 2017 | Grand...
- DJ Mag Bunker #13 Hatcha &...
- Shoreditch RnB and Hip Hop...
- Mundo Lingo London...
- Live at 93 Feet East
- Curtis Lee (AND BAND) - Live...
- Atul Khatri Live ~ London
- Collette Cooper's Saturday...
- Mick's in charge!
- Jonny Bs 5th Anniversary Party
- Beauty & The Beast - Live...
- Uber Moving Out Party | London
- Hybrid Theory 17th...
- Dim Sum Talks: Neuroscience...
- Grunwick 40 mural unveiling
- 1:54 Contemporary African Art...
- ZIMA. Осенняя...
County of London