Britain and Palestine: 100 years of promises and conflict
|Address||Headington Campus, Gipsy Lane|
|At||Oxford Brookes University|
Headington Campus, Gipsy Lane
Oxford Brookes University
On the one hundredth anniversary of the Balfour Declaration, Professor Avi Shlaim will critically examine Britain’s historical and on-going role in the apparently intractable conflict between Palestinians and Israelis. In November 1917, Foreign Secretary Lord Balfour gave Britain’s support to “the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people.” One hundred years on, what impact has this and subsequent British policies had on Palestine? And what influence does Britain continue to have? Avi’s lecture is the 2017 annual Oxford Brookes Gaza lecture. Brookes established a Gaza scholarship in 2010 “as a sign to the people of Gaza that they are not forgotten”.
Britain and Palestine: 100 years of promises and conflict Oxford Staffordshire Oxford Brookes University wednesday, November 8, 2017 - Events Oxford - EventsinUK.net
- MNBlue Planet Party
- The Bate Players Michaelmas...
- I Am Not a Witch - A Brookes...
- Oxford Development Abroad -...
- Work for The Oxford Scientist
- Duke of Monmouth
- The White Party at PLUSH
- JazzSoc Wk 7- Partikel + Ant...
- Tandem Christmas Ceilidh
- Issue 2 Launch Party
- B/Y/O/Beats - Win Pizza &...
- OUEngSoc Oxmas Dinner
- 2018 ACF Regionals - UK Mirror
- MCFS presents: The 400 Blows
- The Deadbeat Apostles -...
- Oxfordshire Christmas...
- Crisis Christmas Carol Service
- Open Day
County of Staffordshire