A View from the Bridge
|Address||253B Gloucester Road|
|At||Kelvin Players Theatre Company|
253B Gloucester Road
Kelvin Players Theatre Company
Kelvin Players offers a timeless tale of emotion and conflict Arthur Miller's modern classic A View from the Bridge comes to Kelvin Players Studio Theatre for a two week run beginning 11 October. An emotional and shocking piece of theatre, it is as powerful now as when it premiered in London 61 years ago – to the day. It tells the story of the Italian-American Carbone family, living in 1950s Brooklyn and torn apart after the arrival of illegal immigrant cousins from Sicily. The tale is timeless, with classic themes of love, family, codes of honour and culturally diverse views of justice at odds with the more liberal law of the land. The current UK immigrants may not be poor Italians, more often refugees fleeing from persecution or poverty from various parts of Europe and the world.
The difficult issues, however, arising from cultural clashes remain alive and kicking in contemporary Britain. Director Ralf Togneri has created a setting to bring the drama as close to the audience as possible to engage them in the action and feel the on-stage tension. He said: “Miller’s script is brilliantly crafted and makes characters jump off the page to take you into extreme emotional territory you seldom dare visit in daily life - and leaves you better for the experience. “Some dramas have the staying power to be performed over and over again, as long as there are talented actors bringing passion and fresh insight. Our production aims to do just that.” A View from the Bridge will be performed from October 11th to 14th and 18th to 21st at 7.30pm at the Kelvin Players Studio Theatre at 252b Gloucester Road. Early-bird tickets, for bookings before 12th September are £9. All other tickets are £12 (£10 concessions), available from www.kelvinplayers.co.uk. Or, call our box office on 0117 924 0899.
- Theatre Jam
- John Kearns: Don’t Worry...
- Full Moon and New Year's Gong...
- Supersmash Xmas Radio Show
- Fierce & Noble Friday Taproom
- Bishopston Window Wanderland...
- Saved By The 90's - Bristol
- BED: Santa's Grotto! "Come...
- Dub From Above w/ Solo...
- GutterFunk Xmas Party
- NYE : Jesuits + The Evil...
- ✰ Department S Club Night...
- Rhythm Of The 90s / Marble...
- EDIT: New Years Eve Shindig
- Lagoon: Christmas Special
- JFS presents: Xmas Blowout at...
- Dreaming an ad-free Bristol:...
- Afro Beats Launch Party -...
- Allistair Whitehead plus...
- Carols by Candlelight
County of Bristol